Surface imaging techniques: Digital image correlation, Speckle interferometry, Digital holography, Moiré interferometry, Grid methods, Photoelasticity, Microscopy, Hyperspectral imaging.
3D volume measurements: X-ray tomography, Neutron tomography, Optical coherence tomography, 3D photoelasticity, Magnetic resonance imaging, Computated tomography, Digital volume correlation.
Non-destructive testing: Thermography, Shearography, Ultrasonic and related techniques, Fibre optic sensors.
- Mechanical behaviour of metal and composite materials and structures
- Stress and strain field analysis
- Nanoscale and microscale metrology and application to micromechanics
- Detection and characterization of cracks, damage and fatigue
- Applications in transport engineering, e.g. aerospace, automotive, rail
- Applications in civil engineering, e.g. buildings, bridges
- Structural health monitoring
- Holography and Speckle